Tuesday, February 17, 2009

RHS Band.org

While I never was a member of the RHS band, I can readily attest to the enthusiasm with which they went about their practices. As a distance runner on the track team I usually saw them as I was going on a run and when we returned. You had to respect them because they had to both play an instrument and do it while in a precision march. If you add in the spiffy uniform they wore, even on a hot day, you have a very physical endeavor. In terms of running it would rank up there with legendary runs we took to Lower Cross on freezing cold days, or running at the Eastern States Cross Country Finals at Van Cortland Park in a pouring rain. Both of these I can now recall with some nostalgia, though they were ordeals which we endured just the same. I can only imagine what it would take to march in the 4th of July Parade when the weather was in the 90's or better.

I added a link to the RHS Bands.org on the right side of this blog as it's a very well developed site for a school-based organization. It appears they have lost none of their ardor, as can also be attested to by the 247 member group I found on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment