Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Class of 1979 30th Reunion

According to Greg Van Houten over at the RHS Alumni Group on FaceBook,

The RHS Class of 1979 is having a reunion June 5-6, 2009. Check rhs alum site for details.


When I track down a web site or blog I will post it. To date I have refrained from including sites like Classmates.com and Reunion.com because they charge for their services. Let's be clear, I have nothing against people making money. I am simply very old school and believe the information should be free. Call me an idealist but that is how I believe the information will best be disseminated. Face it, we are in a Depression and everyone is watching their pennies. Why charge for a service when a "free" blog like this one can do the same job?

As an FYI regarding the Class of 1979 Reunion, good luck trying to find the link over at the Ridgewood Public Schools site. It appears they go out of their way to avoid mentioning the word "alumni" for fear we will reappear. ;-)

We might even go as far as to offer some suggestions or ask that our reunion information be posted. Fortunately, we have sites like this one to pick up the slack. Given the nature of The Internet, I am sure more are on the way. Just go look at FaceBook and you will see numerous sites devoted to connecting graduates from elementary school on up. Though it looks like we have our work cut out for us if we ever want to tie them together into an RHS portal. I am up to the challenge and will continue to do my part. I hope you will also.


25 February 2009 Update: The Class of 1979 Reunion link

I have included it with the others on the right side. Thanks to Greg Van Houten for sending it along.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Paul. The Alum site is

    http://www.alumniclass.com/ridgewoodhsnj/class-reunions?mode=reunions&class=1979&search=Search+-%3E

    This is free, or you have the choice of a lifetime fee of $20 to add feature4s like email. Either way, you can see postings for reunions, etc. Friday night 6-5-09 at the Elks just to kick off the weekend!

    ReplyDelete