Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Alison Rosica

This one was taken in the spring of 1977 shortly after I had been accepted to Dickinson College. It was taken at Alison's house, the historic Van Dien's house on Grove Street. The picture doesn't do her justice but I thought I would include it for grins. I had many fun, laugh-filled times at her house my senior year. Her parents were very warm and inviting. They introduced me to Famous Amos, the cookie entrepreneur. Alison's Dad and Mom are the ones who helped make him famous. They are best known for introducing the term "Cause-related Marketing" into our vernacular. In a nutshell, it is a public relations practice that links for-profits with not-for-profits for mutual benefit. This is also known as corporate responsibility, corporate philanthropy, and corporate social responsibility.

From Wikipedia:
In 1979, John Rosica, introduced Wally to Literacy Volunteers of America. From that point forward, Wally Amos has advocated literacy and helped thousands of adults learn to read; in 1987, he also hosted a television series designed to teach others how to read.

2 comments:

  1. Paul - I look at pictures of us all in high school, and it strikes me how "slight" we looked. We were such healthy waifs! Oh, to have that back!

    Thanks for sharing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete