Monday, February 23, 2009

The Bucket List

I am anything if I am not flexible. This falls under the category of "Keeping Your Fingers on the Pulse of the Internet" and thus deserves our attention. I give a big shout out to Joe Farrell, my new friend on Facebook for tipping me off. It is one more way for to tell our stories, the theme of this blog if you haven't figured it out.

An X goes next to those you have done. On many sites you are supposed to send these to your friends. I will be charitable and not fill up your inbox. If you are here voluntarily then you are already my friend. Thanks.

Things you have done during your lifetime:
(X) Gone on a blind date - Yes.
(X) Skipped school - Yes, especially after I turned 18 and could call in my own excuses.
(X) Watched someone die - My father on 20 December 2008
(X) Been to Canada - Montreal and Quebec in the summer of 2005. I would return again in a heartbeat.
(X ) Been to Mexico - No.
(X) Been to Florida - My Mom resides in Sarasota.
( ) Been to Hawaii - No. it's too long a ride from the East Coast. Maybe when I have retired and can spend a week in San Francisco first.
(X) Been on a plane - Can you say, Frequent Flyer?
( ) Been on a helicopter - No, though it looks like fun.
(X) Been lost - Many times before my wife bought me a GPS (Garmin).
(X) Gone to Washington, DC - I lived in the area for almost 5 years. It still is a favorite city of mine.
(X) Swam in the ocean - Mostly in the Atlantic.
( ) Swam with Stingrays - No.
( ) Cried yourself to sleep - No.
(X) Played cops and robbers - Always liked being a cop. I still resemble one and am often stopped on the NYC when I wear my NYPD shirt. I try to be helpful but always remind people that I am not a cop and only a NYPD supporter.
( ) Recently colored with crayons - No.
( ) Sang Karaoke - No.
( ) Paid for a meal with coins only - No
(X) Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch - with my family 40 years ago. My Dad was from Missouri.
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't - Just like everyone, I does this sometimes.
(X) Made prank phone calls - Up until the age of 8.
(X) Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans - Once and witnessed two drunks fighting in the middle of the street at 7 in the morning. It is a great food town and I will go back.
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose - Many time while in K-12 in Ridgewood.
( ) Laughed until you peed yourself - No.
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue - Yes, and I still like the taste of them.
( ) Danced in the rain-naked - No
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus - In the 60s and he always seemed to deliver at least something which I asked for.
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe - Just this past Christmas by the love of my life, Ana.
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone - Yes.
(X) Blown bubbles - Yes, my dog likes to chase them.
( ) Blown bubbles in the freezing winter and watched them solidify-- No
( ) Exploded bubbles filled with natural gas in HS science class - No
(X) Gone ice-skating - Many times and on Coles Pond, too.
(X) Gone to the movies - There is nothing like a Matinee.
( ) Been deep sea fishing - No
(X ) Driven across the United States - Once
( ) Been in a hot air balloon - No
( ) Been sky diving - Not a chance in the world.
(X ) Gone snowmobiling - Yes
( ) Lived in more than one country - No
(X) Lay down outside at night and admired the stars while listening to the crickets - Summer of 1977.
(X) Seen a falling star and made a wish - Yes
( ) Enjoyed the beauty of Old Faithful Geyser - No, but it's on my list.
( ) Seen the Grand Canyon - No, but it's on my list.
(X) Seen the Statue of Liberty - Yes, and have been in the crown.
( ) Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle - No, but it's on my list.
( ) Been on a cruise - No interest.
(X) Traveled by train - Yes on both commuter and long distance. I still want to try a sleeper car.
(X) Traveled by motorcycle - Never again.
(X) Been horse back riding - Never again.
(X ) Ridden on a San Francisco cable car - Once and I will do it again this spring.
(XX) Been to Disneyland OR Disney World - Once in 1974.
(X) Truly believe in the power of prayer - Yes, who I am too dispute it?
(X) Been in a rain forest - Only at the Central Park Zoo
( ) Seen whales in the ocean - No
(X) Been to Niagara Falls - Once.
( ) Ridden on an elephant - No
( ) Swam with dolphins -No
( ) Been to the Olympics - No
( ) Walked on the Great Wall of China - No
( ) Saw and heard a glacier calf - ?
( ) Been spinnaker flying - ?
( ) Been water-skiing - Once and I fell down repeatedly.
(X) Been snow-skiing - Smuggler's Notch.
( ) Been to Westminster Abbey - No
( ) Been to the Louvre - No, but it's on my list.
( ) Swam in the Mediterranean - No, but it's on my list.
(X) Been to a Major League Baseball game - Go Yankees!
(X) Been to a National Football League game - Go Giants!
(X) Swam with sharks - No
(X)Done something nice for someone for no reason - Yes, it's called, Paying it Forward."

No comments:

Post a Comment