Sunday, August 16, 2020

Try A Little Tenderness

      Social distancing is hard. I won't offer any comparative analysis to previous troubled times as this is what we have now and we don't know when it will end. Everything we can compare it to has ended and been categorized and analyzed. This Covid-19 pandemic looks endless.

     Like the last pandemic 100 years ago the suffering is being felt disproportionately by people at the lower end of the economic scale, who can't work at home, don't have savings, and can't afford not to risk their lives going to work.

     I am sure there will come a time when we will be able to laugh together, hug one another, and generally be able to have a good time in a large group. No guarantees about when this might be and if I will be able to partake. I take nothing for granted these days and my optimistic nature has been severely chastened. I'm going to keep taking things one day at a time and when the mood supports it, "I'll try a little bit of tenderness."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment