Monday, August 03, 2020

Jury Duty

     I have served my fair share of jury duty in my life. It is interesting to see the machinations of justice from the jury room, even if you are mostly watching movies. Today the Federal Court in Brooklyn sent me a summons. This time I had to pause and ask myself if this was a good idea.

    My household has been inside since the beginning of March. We work from home, wear masks in public, and socially distance. This is nowhere near the sacrifice that previous generations of Americans have endured. It hasn't been easy, there have been misunderstandings to be sure.

     To make a long story short, I filled out the jury questionnaire online. At the end of the form there was a box for remarks. I used it state that I was afraid, yes afraid, of bringing the virus home to my immune-compromised spouse. No idea if this will matter or if I'll be chosen, but at least I have said my peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment