Friday, March 20, 2020

The Loss of Sports

     The loss of all sports has produced some drastic changes in all our lives. There are no games to report on in newspapers, radio or TV. Nothing to watch, even in our public spaces. I found myself watching three children, one girl and two boys, playing football. I cheered when one boy threw a long pass to the other and the girl tackled him just short of the end zone. They were all 6 or 7 years old.

     The picture of the ultimate individual, Megan Rapinoe, is currently how I like to recall sports viewing in my life. She was a skilled player, longed for the big stage, and knew how to put her opponent away and win. The pose is dignified and doesn't mock her opponents in any way. Instead, she is paying homage to the crowd and telling them that she gave her all.




No comments:

Post a Comment