Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Complexity and Aging

     Remember when your friends were a bike ride away? I sure do. While I like to reminisce about those carefree and halcyon days, I understand that its therapeutic value is its most important aspect. To recall the times when both parents were alive does my heart good. If an occasional recollection worth blogging about comes to mind then all the better. It is a complex process this aging we all go through. We all adjust to it differently and approach it with our own individualistic mindset. My view after more than 50 years on this planet is that we need to be grateful for what we have and not rue the fact that we don't have more money, power, and expensive diversions. I would personally take having my friends a bike ride away once again rather than have all the power and luxuries in the world. Maybe we will all ride together again in some retirement community. Hopefully we will all be communicating via some form of Social Networking when we have gone to live in a retirement community or have simply retired. The reunions we have every 5 years or so are truly not enough to nurture our long standing friendships or knock the deposits off of friendships which long ago become rusted. Yes, I believe in the power of the Internet and the ability of Social Networks to be the WD40 for our generation and those to come. Give it a try and you might see what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Really look forward to what you write. Can relate to what you say. Glad to know I'm not the only one that thoroughly enjoyed my family life and the town I grew up in, Ridgewood! I'd go back to the 70's in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete