Monday, January 05, 2009

Glen School 1967

We have a new link for 2009. I guess my hope has been answered in the very best sense of the term. The new site is for the Glen School Class of 1967. It might be a little before my time, but time and space are transcended on the Internet, so who cares? After reading the following post I will certainly be an avid reader.
I was thrilled to learn over the past year that I was not alone in this weird craving for memories of Glen School. The Class of 1969 (Margaret Silvers, Doug Terhune, Scott Yates and so many other familiar names) definitely gave me the inspiration. The HoHokus Class of 71 (K-8th grade) actually found out the fates of their custodians, teachers and most of the kids. Even though every one of us was different - together we were quite a group. Even if we did go our separate ways after 1967, the affection I have for everybody - particularly my Class of 1967, has never left. So many of us have had wonderful experiences and great careers and wonderful families but the simplicity of our life at Glen School really rings true. It doesn't matter if its 1967 or 2007, the innocence - if you're lucky to experience it - is priceless. You obviously can't go back - there have been too many other worthy experiences in our lives but its fun to peek at the past - and hopefully it makes you feel good. While I realize some classmates don't want to bother, and others don't want to be found, I do hope you at least sneak some peeks at the blog and remember something that was special.
This is spot on! Thanks for reaching out and hope that more people will do the same. We are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment