Sunday, October 18, 2020

Libby

       Libby is an app and it can be accessed via your web browser. If you have a library card you enter the number and then are digitally transported to the confines of your favorite branch. I am lucky to live in Queens New York which has 63 branches and a huge selection of online books.

     Now if this wasn't the era of Covid I would simply search for what I wanted and then walk over to pick it up when they said it was available. Living in the times of Covid I am less likely to want to visit any place for very long. Unfortunately, a library is a place I tend to visit for hours.

     With this new free access I have a limited selection of electronic books which I can increase the type size of to make them more readable. Reading a book digitally takes some getting used to but it's worth it. I missed the selection the library has to offer just as I miss going to book stores. This is a compromise which I am willing to live with, as should anyone who is a reader at heart.


     Depending upon your library and the title you want to read there might be a wait. Though that is explained in detail. Authors have to earn money so they can't have all the books of the world in unlimited copies. I view this as more than fair. It also makes you hunt for books and you might possible read something new and not your usual style. Well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment