Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Time In A Bottle


     As J.T. Fraser, the founder of the International Society for the Study of Time, once wrote, “Tell me what to think of time, and I shall know what to think of you.”

     Despite New York state work-at-home orders and social distancing, I have maintained some routines in my life aside from the now daily blog posts. I've discovered I can't go from using a calendar to our current, What Day Is It? without some routines to ground me for the foreseeable future. For instance, breakfast is either the omelet of the day or the popover of the day. Both are cooking skills which require practice to maintain. I have used both chicken and duck eggs and truly like the creaminess of the latter.


     Other routines include giving insulin injections to my dog at 5am and 5pm. He simply wakes me up and we do the deed, then I take him out for a walk, and give him his breakfast or dinner. His food is another routine since I make it according to a recipe for diabetic dogs given to us by a veterinarian. This occurs every two weeks and has been a life saver. The food being sold as good for diabetic dogs is filled with corn and would have killed our dog in a couple of months. Two years later he is still around, older but none the worse for wear. He is a natural grounding device and provides unconditional appreciation for our efforts.




No comments:

Post a Comment