Monday, December 09, 2019

Favorite Beatle

     Who was your favorite Beatle is kind of like asking, "Who was your best friend growing up?"


     Truth be told, all the friends I knew growing up had a hand in making me the person I have become. Obviously, some more than others. Though to pick out one in particular does all the others a disservice. The further removed I grow from those halcyon days the less I can recall my friends and any of their particular so-called imperfections. This is a good thing! Total recall is overrated. I prefer that time dim my memory ever so casually and leave me with a few good ones. Like the Beatles song, In My Life:

There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

No comments:

Post a Comment