Sunday, November 20, 2016

Free Advice for RHS Grads: New Rules Mean New Beliefs

Since last month I’ve known my full-time job would be over on December 29th 2016. Rules were changed at the multinational corporation which employs me and subsequently my commute will become unbearably long starting in 2017. I’ll spare you all the details of this tech giant’s belief that inflexible hours are a good idea in the 21st century.

So the facts of my life have changed and as well as my beliefs.
I regard this is a good omen.

Now the fun begins! Reinvention is not something new to me. I have been a restaurateur and a knowledge worker. Two seemingly different occupations which I was able to apply my talents towards and do a pretty good job for my employers. Both times I left with skills which will last me the rest of my life.

Now for the rest of my life.

I enjoy writing and editing. I am a natural organizer of people, ideas, and the details which they live by. I am empathetic, which endows me with leadership capabilities. My new business card sums this up simply and reads: Honest Advice.

I am open to giving and receiving honest advice. This doesn’t mean anyone will act upon what I say. It just means that the words I offer will be mine and that they will be filled with integrity, compassion, and a bit of wisdom.

Wish me luck and feel free to contact me. More news will be available soon. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment