Saturday, March 15, 2014

BOOM! - A Baby Boomer Memoir, 1947-2022 by Ted Polhemus


BOOM! was the first book I ever downloaded as I prefer something perceptible to the touch. This memoir was well worth the change of habit. It helps that I knew all the New Jersey references and had visited their childhood home accompanied by Ted's sister, brother-in-law, and two nephews. I had met their mother a couple of times and had always enjoyed seeing the sparkle in her eyes.

I spoil nothing by saying that the book is both insightful because of the truths it tells, and optimistic in its overall approach. To me, it's the sort of book a hippie writes after looking back on their life and seeing both the good and the bad. Ted is none too judgmental and tells a story that many will come to recognize as partly their own.

Here is the link at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009BBYM08/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img


No comments:

Post a Comment