Saturday, January 26, 2013

Andy Cahill

A farewell tribute from David Rorty:

"I have too many great times spent with Andy Cahill to mention....for too many reasons. My first sushi experience was with Andy at Tawarwa in Ramsey. The first and only time I was forced to make egg nog at 2am Christmas Eve with real eggs was with Andy. The first and only time I made egg rolls from scratch was with Andy. The first and only time I was pulled over by a cop and admitted I was drunk and the cop let me drive away...was with Andy. The first and only time I hauled a 1/2 keg of beer up to Pine Meadow Lake was with Andy. The first and only time Leyden's Father Jack yelled at us to keep off his dune was with Andy. The first and only time the same Jack Leyden served us beer, wine, sangria and sandwiches was with Andy. My first camping "trip" as owner of Pork Island was with Andy. Many of the best Turkey Bowls were with Andy. I would never had helped jam entire Christmas trees in Leyden's lit basement fire place if it were'nt for Andy. I will never miss some one so much that I have'nt seen for so long if it were'nt for Andy. Thank you for so much fun and so many great times Andy. Love- Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment