Sunday, August 21, 2011

Randi Engle

This story was told to me by Russell Engle, RHS Class of 1977. It concerns his sister:

"Randi Engle is an Assoc. Prof. of Education at UC Berkeley. She just received tenure on July 1st. She is married with 2 daughters, ages 8 and 15.

With all the good things in her life, Randi has also been fighting pancreatic cancer for a year now, the condition was bad at that time. Though it hasn't stopped her P.C. research fundraising website at:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/randi-engle/raisethecureforrandi

She's raised $42K so far and even traveled from Berkeley, CA to Wash, DC to lobby congress to increase federal funding. Thankfully, her disease is stable right now on the chemo she is taking."

Whenever I hear of story like this it makes me stop and wonder how I would handle the same situation. Would I lay down and stop fighting, or fight even harder like Randi has been doing? Nobody can say until they are placed in this sort of situation, and then their true character begins to show.

Glad to hear her condition is stable and I hope she keeps fighting as people like Randi are an inspiration to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment