Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dr. Armand Stella DDS

Chris Stella of the RHS class of 1973 was kind enough to send this photo of his Dad along with some history about my old orthodontist. "He was quite well known in Ridgewood, and because his practice only involved Orthodontics, essentially all of his patients were young people." Hopefully Chris will send more photos and stories.


"Here is a picture of my Dad, Armand Stella, DDS, who you tell me was your orthodontist. For many years he was one of only two orthodontists in town, the other being Dr. Mario Ferraro. Quite a few Ridgewood kids sported his "appliances", as they were properly and ALWAYS called, in our house.

I took this photograph of him myself in our backyard, using an old YashicaMat roll film camera. He was about 75 years old here, and it captures his nature quite well, I think. He died in 2003, of an aggressive dementia, but was active and athletic and a good tennis player at Upper Ridgewood until only about two years prior to his passing."

1 comment:

  1. "Appliances" - wonderful! That is an exquisite photograph.

    ReplyDelete