Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Social Networking

     To say I had an end result in mind when I created this blog would be a stretch. It was created out of my interest in Social Networking and for the use I thought the blog might oneday add to our lives. In other words, the blog just is and has no ulterior motives like trying to steal identities or bombard people with spam. I thought since the capability for interaction existed, people might find this a convenient way to reconnect with their old pals. I also hope this becomes a repository for our memories and photos. There were good times that we should dwell upon and recount to one another, if only to keep us from dwelling too much on the embarrassing moments we all had. Those should only be recounted in person, and at Reunions, and only after the proper restoratives have been consumed. ;-) In any event, there are other avenues for Social Networking. The latest one I have been investigating is LinkedIn. There is even a group for people who graduated from Ridgewood High School. It may not mean much right now, sorta like this blog, but I do believe it will pay dividends in the future in terms of helping with the planning of Reunions. I can only imagine how hard it must be to plan a reunion. Our 25th was a smashing success because of some very dedicated people. My hope is that the next time a reunion for the class of 1977 is being planned that they will use the Internet even more than they did last time. By this I mean using a blog, a web site, and conference calling with a digital whiteboard. This last one is basically a conference bridge with the capability for people to share a computer screen as well as speak to each other in a group setting. We use them all the time in my consulting practice and I think they could be put to good use by a reunion committee. When the time comes I hope to have opportunity to demonstrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment