Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

 

 

     I could wax poetic about Charlie Brown all day. When I was in 2nd Grade our teacher suggested we tell our parents that we should be allowed to stay up until 8:00pm to watch the premier of "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." This was the follow-up to the hit "A Charlie Brown Christmas" which premiered the year before (1965). Being that it was a simple request and one honestly presented, my parents agreed that if I went to bed at 7:30 PM and managed to keep my eyes closed until 8 PM, I could then watch the show. To make a long story short, I complied with the request as best I could and fell in love with Peanuts. I marvel to this day at how naive we were in this age before video games and Reality TV. As Linus so aptly said, "There was nothing but sincerity for as far as the eye could see."

No comments:

Post a Comment