Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

      We can all reminisce about memorable Thanksgivings and those which were not so notable. The older I get the more of these events I have to recall and some of these stand out for reasons I didn't appreciate at the time. For instance, the only time I saw the NYC Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in person was when I wasn't old enough to see above the crowds. It was cold and we didn't stay too long. Instead, we went to my grandmother's apartment in Stuyvesant Town for an early dinner. 

     This year the parade is "virtual" a term so overused I can't imagine what they are going to do. To me, it would have been better just to tell people that a broadcast of a parade from the 1960s would be shown. Even better would have been to allow all the previous parades to be streamed on NetFlix and Amazon. A virtual parade has none of the entertainment value of watching it in person or even on TV. Let's simply add the loss of the parade to the long list of indignities which 2020 has imposed upon us all.




No comments:

Post a Comment