Sunday, October 06, 2019

Camera Sales Going Down, Down, Down

     The camera has come a long way in my lifetime. It was once an expensive and time consuming endeavor. The film being something to purchase, then the development of the photos which took time to be completed.

     When they added the camera to our Smartphones I wondeered if they would be used at all. My bias said no but I have wrong before and probably never so wrong as in this assessment.






     I recall having a camera like this instamatic from Kodak. Anyone could buy one and shoot away until they reached the dreaded end of the film roll. The choice of using a flash or not was a question most often answered after the film had been developed.  Who knew? the technology was new and there was no detailed manual or Internet to consult. You either consulted an expert who would hint that you ought to use a better camera, or you lost interest in the entire process.




No comments:

Post a Comment