Sunday, February 21, 2016

Remembrances of Ridgewood in the 1960s

Bill Nelson, Class of 1974:

This computer screen has brought me back to yesterday
To a place I left behind so long ago
All the faces places memories that I hold dear
Are here again for me to come back to know

Oh Ridgewood days will never leave my memory
Mount Carmel Somerville and Ridgewood High
And once again my heart has come to see
What really made one be a Ridgewood guy

But Time has always been an enemy and a friend
It waits for no one and it never will
We are all given only so much we can spend
Before we have to walk over that eternal hill

So heres to all you people who have shared time with me
and to those who have left us now behind
I will always remember back when we were free
And Forever you all will stay Gentle on my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment