Friday, August 14, 2015

Tony Napier

Tony Napier's son, Manny, expressed these words on Facebook upon the death of his father:

"I am sad to say that my Dad, Tony Napier passed away today at the age of 78. My Dad was a physical education teacher for 35 years, coach of the gymnastic team for 32 years. He was larger than life and anyone who had him as a coach or teacher will tell you. He was a mentor, a teacher and best of all the best Dad in the world."


I was told it was a volleyball net which caused him to lose one of his fingers as a young coach. It didn't slow him down one bit and he was later inducted into the RHS Athletic Hall of Fame.
All my life I have never worn a ring, wedding or otherwise. When someone asks me I always mention Mr. Napier. Funny way to remember a legendary fellow like Mr. Napier but it's true. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment