Sunday, November 18, 2012

Apple Cider

The one smell and flavor which instantly causes me to recollect my growing up is that of Apple Cider. It doesn't matter where it is from or what time of year, if I am having a cup of cider I feel young again.

This may have to do with having lived in Northern NJ and NY State for most of my life. They are both prime apple producing regions. Combine this olfactory sensation with an appetite for almost any one of the 2500 varieties of apples grown in these United States and you have the essence of my time machine. Additionally, throw in some autumn foliage and I am usually ready to recollect and write about my past experiences. I feel lucky that such simple pleasures bring me remembrances which go beyond the ordinary. Not that I am touting all my postings but I can say that what goes through my mind is quite extraordinary. Hope it never stops and the smell and taste of apple cider can allow me to linger in the past for a brief moment once again and also allow me to keep writing long into the future. What's that old saw about an apple a day? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment