Thursday, February 04, 2010

142 Glenwood Road

The old homestead circa 1975. The gravel driveway I never understood but my Dad liked it. Of course, it was the boys job to sweep the gravel back into the driveway. All it took was a rain and we had a job to do. Just the act of pulling a car into the driveway would send the gravel down the sidewalk since we lived on a hill, and give us a weekly job to keep us out of trouble. The driveway was paved over shortly after we moved in 1978. I imagine the new owners didn't have the patience to keep sweeping the gravel back, and I don't blame them.

The house as I recall sold for about $140,000. Today it is valued at 4 times that amount. The subsequent owners have added onto the house by converting the garage into living quarters and turning the den into a garage. It's funny that we turned a porch into a den and then they turned it into a garage. I guess they had to keep up with the neighbors on both sides who were adding on or tearing down and rebuilding.

No comments:

Post a Comment