Sunday, May 10, 2009

RHS-TV Sports

It caught my eye when I walked by the door of their studio in Ridgewood High, but it never dawned on me that they were broadcasting sporting events. My how times have changed. He is a link to a slideshow of pictures which begins with Head Football Coach Chuck Johnson, RHS 1970:



RHS-TV Sports Season 7

It wouldn't have made a huge difference in my life if there had been TV coverage as I ran Cross Country and Track. My sports lack the drama which exists in Football or Basketball, and can't be captured easily on a TV screen. Though I imagine TV is a big thing for the cheerleaders when the cameras focus on them, and of course for the athletes and coaches when they are being interviewed.

According to Wikipedia, "Ridgewood High School athletics are broadcast locally on RHS-TV Sports, a student-produced sports television network, every Tuesday night at 8PM throughout the school year."

No comments:

Post a Comment