Friday, February 09, 2007

Dr. Bitzer

It wouldn't be a complete blog about my memories of Ridgewood if I didn't mention my dentist, Dr. Bitzer. Dr. Raymond Bitzer has been my dentist all my life, even when I haven't lived in the immediate vicinity of his practice. Seeing him and his son, Bruce, who joined the practice in the late 80's has always been a good reason for me to return to Ridgewood for a visit.

It may sound eccentric to continue to see the same dentist but I have always appreciated their skills and honesty. The few times I have had to see other dentists they have always said the same thing, "You need to have your wisdom teeth removed." When I tell this to Bruce and his father they always ask the same question and follow it with the same recommendation, "Are they giving you any problems? If not, leave them alone."

This kind of integrity combined with the chance to catch up on the news of Ridgewood always leaves me feeling better in both body and spirit. I know most people have trouble seeing a visit to the dentist in this light but it works for me.

1 comment: